4.23.2012

Pics & Stuff

-Here are a few more pictures of me from the little photo shoot I mentioned in my last post.

All photo credit goes to my friend, Keely !

I guess she caught me off guard! :)

-I feel like I have been out of the loop a little lately when it comes to things like blogging, email, etc. My life has sort of been busy, with family visiting from out of town, trips to and from from the Hospice House to visit Uncle John, book clubs, schoolwork, going out to eat with the family from out of town, etc., etc. Not that it hasn't been fun, but...I think I am sort of ready to get back to normal, to return to my daily routine. It's kind of amazing how much just one week of non-normalcy can sort of mess with you.
For instance, I slept in so late this morning that I can't even put it on here, I'm so embarrassed about it. :) Point proven.

-On another, totally different note, I just recently started using Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. My mom bought her for me, and I have to say that I don't hate her, just strongly dislike her at times.  :)
It is challenging to learn a different way of typing when you are my age and have already gotten used to your own system of hunting-and-pecking.
But Ms. Beacon, I will graduate from your typing course, and with flying colors, too! :)

You know you're weird when...you take the sample pictures on your computer and post them on your blog. :D

-Early yesterday morning, Uncle John left this sinful world and went to to be with his Heavenly Father.

I am more happy than sad because I know that he is no longer trapped in his body with Alzheimer's, no longer hurting, no longer a sinner. Instead, he is perfect and in the presence of God.  It makes me feel very much connected to Heaven and what it will be like when I arrive there. It makes me think of this song.


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ~John 3:16 (ESV)


That is such a great promise!

No comments: