7.24.2012

Forgiveness

This is another song from K-Love, and it's about why we should forgive others. I know that for me, and I think for everyone, it is often very difficult to forgive.

I heard on the K-Love radio station yesterday that this song, "Forgiveness" by Matthew West, is based off of a true story about a woman who forgave the drunk driver that killed her young daughter. Man. If it's hard for me to forgive someone who just hurts my feelings or something, I can't imagine how hard it would be to forgive the person who caused my daughter's death because they were drinking and driving, because of their stupid mistake.

But one of the thing we've got to remember whenever we're struggling about forgiving someone who has hurt us, is that God forgave and is always forgiving us when we've sinned.

This makes me want to pray and ask God to help me to forgive the ones in my life who hurt me, even when it's very tough to do.

Here is the song "Forgiveness". I hope it encourages you.

"...bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other, as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive." ~Colossians 3:13

No comments: