12.04.2013

Movie Review: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

 I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and it was really good. I liked the first movie a lot, and this one was even better (in my opinion).


 Because some of the characters were already developed from the first movie, it made me like them even more in CF, especially Peeta. (not that I didn't like him to begin with... :))

the clothes in this movie were awesome...


Ceasar Flickerman and Katniss Everdeen 

  I wasn't sure if I would like the casting of Finnick Odair and Johanna Mason, Katniss and Peeta's fellow competitors in the Quarter Quell, but I was pleasantly surprised: they physically fit the roles and both actors did a great job portraying those...interesting characters.
Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair

Jenna Malone as Johanna Mason

 Donald Sutherland gave such a good performance as President Snow and I was glad that we got to see more of him in CF than in THG.
some of his best acting in this movie was in facial expression alone.

 

 The movie followed the book pretty closely, though it did not include the amputating of Peeta's leg and it glossed over Peeta's story about he and Katniss's marriage and her pregnancy--it was never mentioned again after Peeta said it in his interview. I was a little disappointed about the second one, just because I felt like the book was partly centered around that fib. It was mentioned several times throughout the book, whereas it was barely talked about at all in the movie.

 Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson did very well in their roles and their onscreen chemistry was great.


 Something I liked about the movie was that it really showed how much Katniss and Peeta's relationship changed by going through the Games together again. There were a few sweet moments between them in CF. :)

 Overall, I really liked this movie and thought it was well done. I loved that even though I had already read the books and so (obviously) knew what was going to happen, I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat and practically biting my nails in anticipation and nerves during certain parts.

 ....now I am very eager to see Mockingjay! (well, at least the first installment..) Hurry up, November 2014! :) 









1 comment:

Dan O. said...

Nice review Alley. Can't wait to see what these next few movies have in store for us, although it's going to take another year. Damn!