3.02.2013

A Multifarious March Post

...."multifarious". What a fun word! (now how many of you, unless you have a large vocabulary, looked up the meaning of this word? ;))


  • I am currently in the very beginning stages of writing a book. 
I had what I thought was a good plot, but then I took a break from thinking about writing and now I'm not so sure of my idea; it doesn't seem...right. I'm sure all of you writers know how frustrating that can be! So I am now back to square one...*sigh*


I'm not going to give up, though. My dream of writing a book will someday come true! 


  • I can't believe that March is here already! I am hoping that now all of this snow and cold weather will go away! I am not a big snow person; I can handle snow for awhile, if I can stay inside and just look at it, but I quickly become tired of it. But coffee, hot chocolate, socks, blankets, fires in the fireplace, soup and my iPod have brought me through these very snowy days. :)






  • Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. I saw a production of Seussical yesterday because a friend of mine was in it, and it was so cute! The costumes, set and props were very colorful (of course!) and the lines (which were mostly from his books) rhymed. It was all very...Dr. Seuss-ish. :) 
I love Dr. Seuss. I remember my mom reading his books to me when I was younger; he definitely had a sense of humor and a biiig imagination!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

“A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Oh the thinks you can think up if only you try!”  

~Dr. Seuss





  • We opened the first pack of baby diapers last night, and ooohed and ahhhed over how tiny they are. The newborn diapers get me every single time! 
 
And so do the itty bitty clothes...


I actually wore this when I was a baby. It's not in bad shape for being 14 + years old!

girly blankets are so fun!

We are looking forward to meeting Baby Girl sometime in the next two weeks!!! And don't worry, she will get a big debut on my blog for sure. ;)


Happy Saturday!






3 comments:

Keely said...

Keep writing, Alley. It is hard. If you ever need help, I'm here!!
Luv!

Rachel Leila said...

Actually I know what Multifarious means. (and I didn't look it up! :) ) Along the lines of multiple functions.

Keep on writing!! :) Like I've said before you can always call me or email me for help. :)

The first quote you put for Dr Seuss is my favorite of his.

You guys must be getting super exciting! :) Aww, little baby clothes!

Anonymous said...

You know my feelings about itty bitty baby clothes! I think I did an entire post on it at some point.
*Sigh* Writing: You love it, and hate it, and you can't not do it.
Keep up the good work! It'll be worth it!