7.18.2012

A Miscellany Post

-On Monday we celebrated my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you.

-I am becoming really excited for my Greenleaf show! It's coming up in just about three weeks, and rehearsals start in ten days! It's hard to believe it's already time for the show. Lots of hard work has gone into The Kids of Bristol Town, and I am so looking forward to performing it!

-Last Friday, we had a fun time participating in Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a with some friends. Sadly, I have no good pictures of us cows, but trust me, we were cute! :) 

-I was babysitting a few kids (10 kids, actually!) last night, and one the kids, a six-year-old little girl, came over to me. She was holding a pink Bible that looked very worn, as if it had been read often. The little girl asked me if I would read her a story from the Bible. The rest of the kids were playing on the swings and the slides and were being good at the moment, so I asked her which story she would like read to her. "Any story" she said, so I opened up to Genesis and read about Creation. The whole time I was reading she sat there, listening to every word.
This little girl was one of the sweetest and quietest of the kids. It was cool to see a six-year-old little girl wanting to be read to from the Bible instead of playing. It made me think about how I should be more like that: wanting to read God's Word and take it in, really take in. It was kind of convicting.

-And speaking of the Bible, a friend shared this verse with me because we had been talking about encouragement. I think it's a good verse to remember.

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." ~Ephesians 4:29


Well, that's about it, I guess. Have a great rest of the week, enjoy Summer and stay cool! :)

No comments: